This year on the 3rd of October Molveno (TN) will host, the New XTERRA race concept called SHORT TRACK for the first time in Italy.
This race will take place Saturday on the shores of Lake Molveno and will be open only at the ELITE athletes maximum 25 Men and 25 Women.
Given the current health situation, the program and the rules of the race could change in order to guarantee the safety of all participants and volunteers.
The race is limited to 25 elite men and 25 elite women. We are giving priority to our top ranked athletes and include a free entry. The race will be broadcast live on Triathlon Live TV and the prize pot for the event is 10000 USD.
(adjusted according to dollar/euro exchange rate of 01 October 2020)
Competitors will race on very short laps around Molveno Lake with many technical sections and obstacles. This race format will be very interesting for XTERRA competitors. PRO prize purse: 10000USD. See more details below.
Swim (2×200 meters)
Two very short laps, each 200 meters. After first lap, there is just short run out of the water and back in for the second 200 meters. There is a great chance to see the swimmers for the whole swim leg of the race.
Mountain Bike (4×1,75K)
It is short, twisty, technical course on the hill above the lake. Rockgardens, jumps, ramps, cyclocross style uphill, drops, ford and many and many of other interesting spots on the race course. After each lap the competitors will ride through the race center.
Trail Run (2×1,25K)
Two short technical and fast loops into the woods….
- Registration free
- Saturday 3rd of October in Molveno, Trentino, Italy
- Prize money 1000$ for top 10 M en top 10 W
Wetsuit allowed under 20° – Mandatory under 15,9°
Morning race 1: 400m Swim (2laps) – 7 km Bike (4laps) – 2,5k run (2laps)
Time trial race, starts 1 athletes every 30 second
Afternoon race 2: 400m Swim (2laps) – 7 km Bike (4laps) – 2,5k run (2laps)
“pursuit race” ,if you are lapped you are out of the race.
- Temperature of the lake above 17°:
- Pursuit start taking raking for the morning race Winner start first followedevery 3 “by the next in order of race 1, “pursuite race”.
- Format : 200m Swim (1lap) – 3,5km bike (2 laps) – 1,25km run (1lap) – 200m Swim (1lap) – 3,5km bike (2 laps) – 1,25km run (1lap). Athletes will have to learn a new transition from run to swim.
- Temperature of the lake under 17° :
- Pursuit system stay but classic format Swim/Bike/Run.
- Both format will apply the rule : Lapped = Out, starting entering T1
All athletes must complete their swimming fraction before the first completes his first mtb lap, otherwise he will be disqualified.
Then classic lapping rules, if you are lapped you are out of the race.
- There are two different lines in some parts. Use B line if A is too technical
- Your laps will be monitored by the timing company but you are responsible to count your lap. (2 laps swim-4 laps bike-2 laps run). In case of missed lap athletes will be DQ
- Race fair and don’t block faster athletes
- In case you get lapped you will be informed by our race marshals You will have to stop as soon as you reach transition.
- Please note that you have to remove your bike and gear as soon as you cross the finish line.
- Awards ceremony for the top 3 men/women will take place 10 min after race ends
- We suggest to wear a race kit with your name on it. If not available use your regular race apparel.
- For marketing purposes, we would appreciate if you can sent us a picture of you wearing your race kit